Hotot+：An unofficial mod of Hotot, the famous and lightweight Twitter client, now with more than 1000 changes than the original version, divided among (many) bugfixes, improvements and additions of new functions...
-Now you have to use your own API keys with Hotot Plus. This to avoid write permissions suspensions by Twitter that have battered the client over the past few months.
-Added an initial form to ask the user for his own API keys with instrunctions about how to do it.
-Removed all the limitations, delays and heavy checks introduced in the past few versions to try to avoid write permissions suspensions by Twitter. Since they had no positive result I deleted them to increase again the client performances.
-Increased the tweet limit to 280 characters (note: Twitter could take a few days to apply this new limit to all the accounts, so if you got any error sending tweets please limit them to 140 characters by yourself until Twitter applies the new limit to your account too.)
Hotot+ is an unofficial mod of Hotot, the famous and lightweight Twitter client.
Hotot+ has now more than 1000 changes than the original version, divided among (many) bugfixes, improvements and additions of new functions. Starting from v7.0 Hotot+ is now compatible even with Firefox!
A complete and detailed list of new features can be found in the Changelog section of the official website, meanwhile you can enjoy a brief summary of the main news than the old Hotot:
- Compatible with Firefox too!
- Updated for the use of the latest Twitter API, with the support for many new features previously not supported
- GUI changed with the addition of new dialogs and many new themes
- New display mode for DM divided by used and with the new 10000 chars support
- Database rewritten using IndexedDB for deeper compatibility between browsers
- Italian translation completely rewritten from scratch
- Compatibility with multiple attachments in the tweets, both in displaying and sending
- New and improved framework for the mute filters
- Ability to follow a hashtag like a user
- New filtering capabilities for the timeline: only images, no retweet or no replies
- Notification system completely rewritten with support for image display and lots of new notification sounds to choose
- Ability to display who made a retweet of own tweet
- Suggestion of hashtags as well as screennames
- Synchronization of the opened columns with Chrome Sync
- Restored properly the search function for tweet/users
- Added the column of trending topics
- Ability to hide a tweet from the timeline
- Ability to abort sending a tweet
- Ability to immediately delete a tweet sent by mistake
- Ability to open in one click all own Twitter lists
- Ability to set the parameters of the Twitter API manually
- Ability to fake the application from which you’re sending tweets
- Ability to protect with an additional password the access to your profile
- Ability to attach videos to your tweets
- Support for the notification of new followers
- Support for the notification of own tweet favorited/liked by others
- Support for Twitter official emojis
- Support for voice recognition to write tweets
- Support for displaying directly in the client image previews coming from many websites (twitpic, instagram, twipple…)
- Support for displaying Twitter videos directly in the client
- Support for displaying Youtube and Dailymotion videos directly in the client
- Support for displaying Vine videos directly in the client
- Support for displaying quoted tweets directly in the client
- Support for the Twitter official function to mute a user without having to defollow him
- Support for the Twitter official function to hide a user’s retweets
- Support for the automatic translation of tweets using Bing Translator
- Support for displaying in Google Maps the location of the tweets when available
- JQuery updated to the latest version
- Fixed a countless amount of known bugs